FREE TOUR BUDA’S CASTLE DISTRICT
🇬🇧 ENGLISH 🇬🇧
BUDA CASTLE DISTRICT FREE WALKING TOUR
“There are three wonderful cities in the world, on the plains you can find Florence, over the waters Venice and on the hills, Buda …” This is how they spoke of the Buda city in Europe during the Renaissance. Maybe, this fairytale city has changed a lot throughout history, but with the help of our amazing storytellers/guides and the stunning views, we are going to discover in about two hours how this city was born and the glorious past it had.
In this free tour, we will visit Buda’s hill and the castle district from end to end. Join us to discover the stories of invasions, battles, and legends that have marked its development, the lives of some of its most illustrious characters, a slightly particular princess, a very lucky knight, and even… vampires. Our most magical and funny tour, we can’t promise you will see a dragon, but… almost.
What you will discover with us on this free tour:
- Who was András Hadik
- Medieval, Renaissance, Ottoman and II World War hidden architecture remains
- Church of Mary Magdalene
- Matthias Church
- Fisherman’s bastion
- George Square
- Royal Palace
- Today’s President and Prime Minister palaces
- Who was King Matthias Corvinus
- Savoie Terrace viewpoint
And much more…
📍 Meeting point:
LOOK FOR OUR GUIDES IN A BLUE HOODIE
Batthyany tér, next to the entrance of the underground station. Underground line 2 (red line).
Recommendations / Observations:
– During the Free Tour you will NOT access the interior of the buildings and monuments shown but we will make sure to provide you with enough information about them in case you want to visit them later
– We encourage groups of 6 or more people to request a Private Tour in advance, otherwise, they have the option to pay 7 Euros or 2500 HUF per person in advance to join the Free Tour. Should your group require their own guide, we recommend you to use our contact form to arrange a private tour exclusively for your group.
– It is recommended to wear clothing and footwear suitable for walking and adapted to the weather conditions as well as water or hydrating drinks.